Sage Timeslips Data Conversion Services
Sage Timeslips Support On Demand
BSR, Inc.’s certified consultants have been helping other businesses for over 25 years convert data from legacy software systems. We understand the importance and urgency involved in your vital business information being converted properly.
If you need help in the conversion of your data please contact us by calling toll-free at 800.766.6770 and notify the customer support representative that you are in need of senior-level consultants’ expertise in the area of data conversion for your product line.
We can assist you in converting your Sage Timeslips, QuickBooks, and Sage 50 formerly Peachtree data.
What you need to consider when performing Data Conversion:
- Define Scope – Scope must be clearly defined upfront. What is being converted and what is not? How much history is being converted? What can be done manually rather than automated? It may not be possible to convert ‘everything’. The scope is critical and the project’s success will be dependent on having this clearly decided upon.
- Identify data sources – Where is the data coming from? If you have multiple systems or data sources, each data source must be clearly identified.
- Identify data destinations (APIs) – Where is the data going? You must identify the source systems or databases and the appropriate APIs to get the data in there.
- Define requirements/mappings – This is what I believe to be the most critical step. Detailed requirements must be defined for each element within each conversion; what data mapping is required? What business rules must be applied? What data transformations need to occur? Each and every data element must be scrutinized and documented.
- Define Estimates – Assign an appropriate estimate of effort to the development of each conversion
- Define Scope of Test – The scope of the testing must be defined. It may not be viable to convert ALL data as a test or it might be done in a number of steps – sample, small dataset, and then larger or full dataset. All of this must be defined and included in the overall plan.
- Who and how to validate – How is this all going to be validated? What results are expected and who in the organization is going to validate the results? Key users/sponsors must validate and feel confident with the results.
- Develop Project Plan/Assign Resources – And lastly, build the project plan for all development, testing, and validating tasks; identify the sequence and dependencies of all tasks; identify and assign the appropriate resources to each task on the plan.
When you need help migrating information we are just a phone call away.
- Annual Unlimited Support
- Contract Support
- On-Demand Assistance
- On-site Help
- Sage Timeslips
- Sage 50
- Sage 100
- Installation Assistance
- Training Classes
- Consulting & Advise
- Remote / Phone Support
- Onsite Implementation
- Database Conversion
- Database Repair